[pacman-dev] New Optional Dependencies Aren't Logged.

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Sun Mar 17 15:31:12 UTC 2019

`pacman -Su' suggested an optional dependency of gst-plugins-bad.
I looked to see what that was and didn't want it.  Later, due to
discussion on the local LUG IRC, I wanted to look up what package had
the new optional depends but found /var/log/pacman.log didn't record it.
Please consider logging them.

Looking at the optional depends of all the upgraded packages, I think it
was webkit2gtk, but if it were logged then I could check if there were
any new optional depends in the more general case, e.g. looking back in
time.

--
Cheers, Ralph.