[pacman-dev] [Building] checksum.sh: syntax error.

nly at disroot.org nly at disroot.org
Mon Jan 6 00:25:02 UTC 2020

> Yeah... but the problem here is that you're generating pedantic warnings
> for lacking ISO C conformance in your libc headers, which is just plain
> useless. Might as well disable all warnings.

I see. I set `-Wno-pedantic' flags in `configure.ac'. This should
shorten the log a whole lot. Thanks for the patience.

Patch Attached.

> Then I cannot understand why it is complaining here! Do you get the same
> error when you manually run this:
> $ /gnu/store/whkq7f2d702hqnrdd2cqskqxdx267283-profile/bin/bash -O
> extglob -n ./scripts/libmakepkg/executable/checksum.sh

$ /gnu/store/whkq7f2d702hqnrdd2cqskqxdx267283-profile/bin/bash -O extglob -n
./scripts/libmakepkg/executable/checksum.sh

yields nothing.

Unawares, I was using a different shell in my config.

The issue was my environment, `~/.emacs' config:
(setq explicit-shell-file-name "gash"
      explicit-gash-args nil)

I did expect make to use `bash' explicitly instead of using my `gash'
shell. Now, using bash as shell, the build log is clean and error-free.

log: http://nly.info.tm:9001/log/pacman3

> If you only build lib/libalpm/ and src/pacman/ then sure. Do you need a
> working makepkg too, though?

I do. After fixing the above mentioned issues, makepkg is also
built.

$ ls ~/pacman/usr/local/bin/
makepkg           pacman       pacman-db-upgrade  repo-add       repo-remove  vercmp
makepkg-template  pacman-conf  pacman-key         repo-elephant  testpkg

Thanks,
Amar