[pacman-dev] [Building] checksum.sh: syntax error.

nly at disroot.org nly at disroot.org
Wed Jan 8 23:08:40 UTC 2020

> Hmm, but we don't set -Wpedantic in the first place. Is guix doing
> that?

beats me.

> This makes me nervous that it may be internally doing Magic Things™ to
> advertise itself as bash in some way that the configure script or
> Makefile gets fooled by.

> If you can figure out just why this happened, and/or a way to reliably
> ensure bash itself is detected instead of gash, then we might be able to
> fine-tune our detection algorithm.

Checking for BASH_VERSION can distinguish between Gash, where it's unset
 and Bash where it's set to the version string.

$ gash
$ echo $BASH_VERSION

$ bash
$ echo $BASH_VERSION
5.0.7(1)-release

I can reproduce the error by entering the gash shell before building.

libmakepkg/executable/checksum.sh: line 33: syntax error near unexpected token `<'
libmakepkg/executable/checksum.sh: line 33: `		mapfile -t integlist < <(get_integlist)'
make[3]: *** [Makefile:994: libmakepkg/executable/checksum.sh] Error 2

Log: http://nly.info.tm/log/pacman4

`configure.ac' and `scripts/Makefile.am' look fine to me. I wonder what's
causing gash to be used.

Thanks,
Amar

---- `configure.ac'----
AC_PATH_PROGS([BASH_SHELL], [bash bash4], [false])

----`scripts/Makefile.am'----
@$(BASH_SHELL) -O extglob -n $@