[pacman-dev] Blockers for releasing pacman-6.0.0?

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 04:55:59 UTC 2021

Hi Allan

On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 8:38 PM Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I think the 6.0.0 release is roughly ready to go.
>

> Here are my known blockers:
>
> 1) Remove "total download" callback
> There is a patch submitted which I briefly looked at.  Need to do a
> proper review, but looked fine apart from copy/paste issue with comment.

I just sent an update with a new comment.

Still waiting for a feedback from Andrew as it is the item we've
discussed with him at IRC channel. cc-ing him to this thread.

> 2) prevent spamming at the end of downloads when the top server in the
> mirrorlist is bad.
> I sent an RFC for this.  It is not the best of patches, but serves as a
> start...

> The only other things I have in the roadmap on Flyspray are:
>
> FS#61497 - add a timestamp file to repos
> FS#65677 - [makepkg] not all source files get included in debug packages
>
> Both are nice to have, but not regressions so can be delayed a release
> (unless someone else propose patches in the meantime).
>

> Is there anything else that people think is essential to get in
> pacman-6.0.0?  I know there are a few other downloader issues listed in
> the meta-bug, but I think these are not critical and can be future
> improvements.

A few people reported about corrupted UI for parallel downloads. It
seems to be related to "slow downloads" or "failed downloads"
situations. I would really love to see this bug fixed. Though I do not
know how to reproduce the problem.