[arch-dev-public] 2007.08 Don't Panic Isos release

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 15:44:48 EDT 2007

On 8/8/07, Jürgen Hötzel <juergen at hoetzel.info> wrote:
> obviously graveman is broken. A typical example of not escaping special
> chars, when invoking shell commands. Maybe this is also a security related
> bug (if graveman can be invoked as handler for iso files).

I find it rather funny that one can say this is "a typical example of
not escaping special chars", implying that it happens SO OFTEN that it
can be called "typical", yet we are against fixing this.

I'm with cactus on this. This is silly. There is a problem. It has
been stated and shown to exist, yet I still see this "fix the rest of
the world, we're in the right" attitude that I just find... well,
daft.