[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26-2.6.23.11-1

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 16:19:23 EST 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 11:11 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> I am not sure why this snapshots are really needed at all. I recompiled the
> kernel without alsa nor cfs patches and everything seems to be fine again.

I've wondered this myself - why do we use the lastest-and-greatest
direct-from-source-control alsa snapshots? Is there a reason? Tpowa,
could you fill us in? I mean, it DOES make sense to do this in some
regards, but sound isn't really mission critical. It seems like we
have lots of sound issues every so often and the fix is usually
"reverted the alsa snapshot".
Could you please explain so the rest of us understand?