[arch-dev-public] [signoff] xine-lib 1.1.8-2

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 12:21:08 EST 2007

Forwarding to the list:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hussam Al-Tayeb <ht990332 at gmail.com>
Date: Dec 18, 2007 11:13 AM
Subject: Regarding xine-lib and codec
To: Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>

Hi Aaron, fist of all, thanks for removing the codecs package dependency
in xine-lib. I've been doing that for over a year in my local package.
Regarding RealMedia, xine-lib uses it's internal ffmpeg snapshot to play
most stuff. The good news is that RealMedia support will be included in
ffmpeg very soon (current test patched work acceptably well for me).
Once that happens and the xine-lib developers update the internal ffmpeg
snapshot, we will see RealMedia support in xine-lib.
As for mplayer, this will automatically be resolved since mplayer is
basically built upon mplayer.

Big thanks,
Hussam Al-Tayeb