[arch-dev-public] Multiple Kernels in Repos

James Rayner iphitus at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 20:24:11 EDT 2007

Forking off the thread before...

It's arrogant and hopelessly short sighted, to assume that one kernel will
be enough.

If we went that way, then that would provide *more* reason for DKMS
anyway. As the amount of people compiling custom kernels would skyrocket,
thus making DKMS even more useful.

Arch has had more than one kernel for years. And there's no downside to
having more than one, provided that they are sufficiently maintained. DKMS
would make maintenance far far easier and tidier, while making the user's
life a bit easier too.

I'd be willing to pick up suspend2/tuxonice if we went to DKMS too. (didnt
brain0 drop that, or am i making things up?)

James