[arch-dev-public] restructure our printing system

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Fri Jun 22 19:39:03 EDT 2007

Am Fri, 22 Jun 2007 14:29:28 +0200
schrieb Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de>:

> after talking to Till Kampeter at Linuxtag in Berlin and reading
> around how other distributions are packaging the printer drivers i
> want to restructure our packages(cups, gutenprint, foomatic,
> gimp-print-lprng,cups-pdf....):

As first steps i fixed the missing IJS support in ghostscript. See
http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/Database/Projects#Drivers
for more.

I moved gutenprint from current/system to extra/office and added IJS,
foomatic and ghostscript support.

Once we will move gimp to extra we can also move ghostscript to extra.

Meanwhile we can update the foomatic stuff. For i686 there are still
foomatic-db, foomatic-db-engine updates back to the stable tree pending
where x86_64 is in front. And foomatic-db-hpijs is missing completely
for a while on the i686 front.

Who's going to build the i686 stuff?

AndyRTR