[arch-dev-public] we want to give x86_64 a new direction

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Sat May 12 20:18:44 EDT 2007

On 5/12/07, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
> forcing us into the same scm tree makes us a bit unflexible. so i would
> prefer to have an own tree back again. but i could also imagine to keep
> one common scm where we just "tag" our versions a bit behind i686.

I don't see a problem with the updates lagging behind.  You guys do
have your own CVS tags so it should affect either side.  If we tag
something 'CURRENT', the db update scripts check only that tag - the
64bit scripts check only 'CURRENT-64'

As far as I can tell, we should be able to keep everything exactly as
is, and you guys just do your updates slower than us - that's not a
big deal to me at all.

> if you are fine with that i want to bring up 2 new packagers as a first
> step.

Sounds good to me.