[arch-dev-public] Update to bluez 4.1: package rename, SONAME bump and new dbus interface

Fri Aug 29 15:53:21 EDT 2008

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008, Thomas Bächler wrote:

> So I took the time to update bluez to 4.1. The bluez-libs and bluez-utils
> packages have been merged into the bluez package.
>
> The SONAME has been bumped to libbluetooth.so.3 and the dbus interface is
> incompatible to the one in bluez 3. bluez-gnome has been ported to the new
> interface (didn't update that, I guess it has a maintainer). Unfortunately,
> the rest might not be ported to bluez 4 yet, so this will probably stay in
> testing for a while.
>
> Please use this thread to track any problems with this.

The provides fields don't work. I guess you'll need to add the version
there.

$ sudo pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
  testing is up to date
  core is up to date
  extra is up to date
  community is up to date
  multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace bluez-libs with testing/bluez? [Y/n]
:: Replace bluez-utils with testing/bluez? [Y/n]
warning: imagemagick: local (6.4.3.5-1) is newer than extra (6.4.2.10-1)
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: gnokii: requires bluez-libs>=3.32
:: gvfs: requires bluez-libs>=3.31

believed to be clean.