[arch-dev-public] Kernel framebuffer logo

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Thu Jan 24 17:34:28 EST 2008

Aaron Griffin schrieb:
> Hrm, Roman pointed something out that somehow slipped my mind. The
> framebuffer logo is X by Y pixels. It should not be stretched or
> distorted at all, only scaled.

First of all, I want to point out that I want an Arch logo in my boot
framebuffer, whether it's stretched or not.

Now to the problem: My native resolution is 1280x800, but I have found
no way to get this resolution in framebuffer. Therefore, I use 1024x768,
which results in _non-square pixels_, thus the logo (and everything
else) is somehow stretched and looks sort of ugly.