[arch-dev-public] Multilib on Archlinux x86_64

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Tue Jul 8 15:17:34 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 3:14 PM, Dusty Phillips <buchuki at gmail.com> wrote:
> 3) Arch64 is not separate from Arch Linux, it should share these
> original ideals. They're two architectures under one distro, they
> shouldn't have different philosophies.

I think the issue here is that Arch64 started as a completely
independently-run project, separate from "Arch-core".   It was decided
that x86_64 was the "wave of the future", and Arch asked the Arch64
developers to join forces - it seems as though Andreas wants the
original decisions of the Arch64 team to remain honored, even though
they've been "absorbed", so to speak.