[arch-dev-public] Upcoming gpm soname bump

Tue Jun 3 17:55:12 EDT 2008

Hi all,

My gpm package is out-of-date and the new version has a soname bump. I'll
do the rebuilds, at least for x86_64. If someone has time and would be
willing to do the i686 packages, let me know. That'll save me some work.
Otherwise, I'll build them after the x86_64 ones.
The following packages have gpm as a depends (except
gstreamer0.10-good-plugins) and will be rebuilt:

aalib
brltty - Current package is out-of-date and new version has soname bump.
          Only orca depends on it so I could update it and rebuild orca.
         Jan: what do you think? Or would it be better to just rebuild brltty?
elinks
fte
gstreamer0.10-good-plugins
jed
lde
links
mc - I need a mc directory in the 'other' directory on the ftp server to
      put a patch (FS#9913). Eliott is aware of that but if another admin has
      time...
vim - I'll update the patchset so vi and gvim will also be updated.
xaos
xemacs

When rebuilding I'll fix missing licenses and non-FSH man pages. If there
are other minor pending bugs about these packages that I could fix let me
know. I don't plan moving that to testing before Sunday night so you have
a few days.

Thanks,
Eric

believed to be clean.