[arch-dev-public] bluez status?
jud at judfilm.net
Tue Oct 14 07:31:57 EDT 2008
On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 09:35:25 +0200
Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Jan de Groot schrieb:
> > I would like to know the status of bluez in testing at this moment.
> > GNOME 2.24.0 depends on the testing bluez-libs at this moment, I
> > would like to move both at the same time.
> > I lost track of this project, as they're not my packages. Any
> > rebuilds pending? Any patches we need to apply?
> bluez needs an update, which I have no time for. Many applications
> need to be patched to use the new bluez API, which I have no time
> for. I'd like to orphan bluez completely and let someone else take
> care of it, as I can't keep up with it. Anyone interested?
In the interest of getting this moving and improving Arch, I will
gladly help someone to get Bluez moved into [core]. I have attempted to
update the necessary packages (attached). Also, I noticed voidnull
(Giovanni Scafora) has two bluez related packages in [community] and
might be a good person to ask questions to.
Thomas has limited time, some rebuilds will be necessary -
Red Hat should have patches if needed -
# List of rebuilds needed?:
bluez-gnome-1.8 [extra] roman?
bluez-firmware-1.2 [community] voidnull
bluez-hcidump-1.42 [community] voidnull
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 1952 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the arch-dev-public