[arch-dev-public] xorg move to extra?

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Thu Oct 16 02:34:28 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 09:05 +0200, Jan de Groot wrote:
> I would like to move xorg to extra soon. The state of X.org in testing
> is a lot better than the packages in extra. This means problems for some
> users though:
> - nvidia-96xx doesn't work
> - nvidia-71xx doesn't work
> - catalyst doesn't work
> All the other drivers should work fine, as they're either opensource
> drivers or binary drivers that support X.Org 7.4 by now. People affected
> by this should either stick with the old xorg-server or install free
> drivers with support for their hardware.
> I don't wish to wait for new non-free drivers, as the non-free vendors
> don't give any information about X.Org 7.4 support on their roadmap. We
> can wait for 6 months if we keep waiting on this.

I just got mail from a user claiming catalyst 8.10 working with Xorg 7.4
which is also in OpenSuSE 11.1 beta2.

More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list