[arch-dev-public] TeXLive

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Wed Sep 10 07:32:27 EDT 2008

Thomas Bächler a écrit :
> Good. I remember having trouble installing TeXLive from community once
> because there were no sane dependencies at all. I hope that is now fixed.

That's too harsh. There was only one dependency problem I can remember
and it was fixed quickly. Otherwise you could have filed a bug report on
flyspray ;)

>> TeXLive 2008 has been released last week, and after several days of
>> preparation, I am (almost) ready to release the pkgs (perhaps after a
>> few days spent in testing? what do you think?)
>
> I do not think that is necessary, as these packages have never been in
> extra. Note that for extra packages, whether to put them in testing or
> not is completely up to you (an exception is SONAME bumps in
> libraries, those must go to testing first).
OK, I'll move everything directly to extra.

> archrelease is called by testingpkg/extrapkg automatically.

Ah, that's what I hoped. Thanks.

>> Also, concerning the svn $Id tag, should I add them to all my new
>> PKGBUILDs in trunk?
>
> Yes, add # $Id: $ to every file. You also have to use
>   svn propset svn:keywords "Id" my-package/trunk/PKGBUILD
> on every PKGBUILD file so Subversion will work.
Will do.

>> One more thing: source files for everything except the binary sources
>> are bundled by myself and will be put on
>> dev.archlinux.org/~francois/src/. Note that this can add up to
>> several hundred MB! Please tell me if this is going to be a problem.
>> (The reason for this is that the individual TL packages are
>> continuously updated on
>> http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008/archive/, so any
>> PKGBUILD using these would be based on a constantly moving target.
>> Bundling my own sources at each release is I think the most practical
>> solution. The sources have a CONTENTS file which indicates the
>> revision number of each TeXLive package it provides).
>
> You have no other choice here. Just make sure you don't fill the hard
> drive completely. If there is a space problem that is to be solved by
> upgrading the hard drives and should be discussed here. Just watch df
> -h while you're doing it.

OK, I'll be careful on that. Note that I decided NOT to provide the
documentation, which is easy to access online anyway, this saves us a
lot of space.