[arch-dev-public] Move libtorrent-rasterbar to extra

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 14:54:52 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Jeff Mickey <jeff at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 14:47, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't think it would need versioning for that. libtorrent with
>> replaces=(libtorrent-rasterbar) in extra will take precedence over
>> libtorrent in community.
>
> I also don't mind changing the name of libtorrent in community to
> libtorrent-rakshasa, as I believe rtorrent is the only consumer of his
> libtorrent.

That's what I was getting at. "libtorrent" in community is not the
popular "libtorrent" and gets a tad confusing. Plus only rtorrent uses
it.

> The only weird thing I see is, then updating my package, I'd have to
> put a "replaces=(libtorrent)".. and I think that might cause a weird
> circular replacement thingie.

Hmm, wouldn't changing the rtorrent dep take care of this? The current
libtorrent would be replaced by the one in extra, and rtorrent would
pull in libtorrent-rakshasa... which would conflict.

I wonder if a conflicts=() line would solve everything.