[arch-dev-public] [signoff] Please test new db-scripts

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 00:52:55 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> See /arch-test/
>
> This should have a better cleanup script, no more dependence on
> makepkg.conf, improved integrity check, scripts for community-testing
> and a bunch more things.
>
> Eric, I'm adjusting the sourceball cron job now, because you like that :)

I used the new db-extra and db-testing a couple of time. Didn't
noticed any problems.

The sourceball script didn't work. It was ran as root:

$ zcat /var/log/sourceballs/facile.gz
==> ERROR: Running makepkg as root is a BAD idea and can cause
    permanent, catastrophic damage to your system. If you
    wish to run as root, please use the --asroot option.

We'll need to run it as a user or use the --asroot option.

It also doesn't work for community packages. It gives these errors for
all packages:

svn: URL 'file:///srv/svn-packages/6tunnel' doesn't exist
        Package '6tunnel' does not exist in repo 'community-i686'
svn: URL 'file:///srv/svn-packages/9base' doesn't exist
        Package '9base' does not exist in repo 'community-i686'
svn: URL 'file:///srv/svn-packages/abyssws' doesn't exist
        Package 'abyssws' does not exist in repo 'community-i686'

Looks like the svn command is failing for community packages:

if /usr/bin/svn export -q "$SVNREPO/$packagename" $packagename; then
    remove_old "$pkgname/repos/"
    create_srcpackage "$packagename/repos/$reponame-$_arch"
else
    die "\tPackage '$packagename' does not exist in repo '$reponame-$_arch'"
fi