[arch-dev-public] [signoff] Please test new db-scripts

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 16:23:07 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 11:52 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> See /arch-test/
>>
>> This should have a better cleanup script, no more dependence on
>> makepkg.conf, improved integrity check, scripts for community-testing
>> and a bunch more things.
>>
>> Eric, I'm adjusting the sourceball cron job now, because you like that :)
>
> I used the new db-extra and db-testing a couple of time. Didn't
> noticed any problems.
>
> The sourceball script didn't work. It was ran as root:
>
> $ zcat /var/log/sourceballs/facile.gz
> ==> ERROR: Running makepkg as root is a BAD idea and can cause
>    permanent, catastrophic damage to your system. If you
>    wish to run as root, please use the --asroot option.
>
> We'll need to run it as a user or use the --asroot option.

Aha, this is what the "cronjob" user used to be for. I added a user
specifically for this purpose. Looks like it's running right now, so I
will test this and jiggle with the permissions later on today.

> Looks like the svn command is failing for community packages:

Yeah. I disabled community in the sourceballs cron job for now. I
guess I'll need a selector to get the svn repo URL based on hostname
and repo... ewww