[arch-dev-public] [ANNOUNCEMENT DRAFT] True multilib for Arch Linux x86_64

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 07:10:17 EDT 2010

Ronald van Haren <pressh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 12:09 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> [multilib]
>> Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
>> </draft>
>>
> I'm confused, the repo tries to remove my gcc packages and replace
> them with some multilib variant, but that's not really what I want I
> suppose?

Are you taking about gcc-libs-multilib ? As mentioned in another thread
I also support replacing gcc-libs-multilib by a lib32-gcc-libs packages
containing only 32-bit versions.

Should we also make an announcement on the aur-general mailing-list ?
Something like:
"With the creation of the [multilib] repository, all 32-bit libraries are now
installed in /usr/lib32 and compiled from source using the gcc-multilib
package instead of being copied from i686 packages. All AUR users
maintaining lib32-* and bin32-* packages are encouraged to adapt their
packages to the new layout."

--
Rémy