[arch-dev-public] Moving to pkg.tar.xz officially?

Daenyth Blank daenyth+arch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 15:46:05 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 09:41, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Newer glibc needs a newer kernel quite often, so you end up having half
> of core as non-xz (a rule which has already been violated right now).

Maybe we should set a timeline that says "after this date, we will not
provide .gz pacman+toolchain?" Set it far enough in the future that it
doesn't matter. I think the only people who might run into issues are
some VPS providers who may have an old install iso. We should also
contact them and tell them to update their junk