[arch-dev-public] boost 1.42 serialization issue

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Thu Mar 18 13:42:24 CET 2010

On 18/03/10 21:41, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> On Thursday 18 March 2010 11:18:05 Ionut Biru wrote:
>> Hi,
>> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18470#comment59302
>> there is a serious issue with boost 1.42 and upstream doesn't have a fix
>> yet. An user suggested that is better to downgrade boost to 1.41.
>> What do you think about this? Wait upstream to fix this and backport it
>> or downgrade? If downgrade, who want to help on rebuilding?
> Damn...we must proceed with the downgrade.
> I can rebuild mine and some others packages tomorrow.

Go for it.  It is a small rebuild list and can be moved from [testing] 
as soon as the build is finished (we know 1.41 works...).

I'd appreciate if this was done quickly.  I have a toolchain update and 
the start of the gmp rebuild sitting on my here waiting to upload.


More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list