[arch-dev-public] boost 1.42 serialization issue

Ionut Biru biru.ionut at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 13:51:06 CET 2010

On 03/18/2010 02:42 PM, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 18/03/10 21:41, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
>> On Thursday 18 March 2010 11:18:05 Ionut Biru wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18470#comment59302
>>> there is a serious issue with boost 1.42 and upstream doesn't have a fix
>>> yet. An user suggested that is better to downgrade boost to 1.41.
>>> What do you think about this? Wait upstream to fix this and backport it
>>> or downgrade? If downgrade, who want to help on rebuilding?
>> Damn...we must proceed with the downgrade.
>> I can rebuild mine and some others packages tomorrow.
> Go for it. It is a small rebuild list and can be moved from [testing] as
> soon as the build is finished (we know 1.41 works...).
> I'd appreciate if this was done quickly. I have a toolchain update and
> the start of the gmp rebuild sitting on my here waiting to upload.
> Allan

todo: https://dev.archlinux.org/todo/29/
i'll upload boost 1.41 in couples of minutes.


More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list