[arch-dev-public] lvm on encrypted devices with systemd

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 16:17:40 EDT 2012

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
> Hi Thomas and Eric,
>
> Currently our lvm support in systemd does not allow lvm on top of
> encrypted devices [0]. This is easy to fix, and I added a second
> service file to svn which does this. I didn't change the PKGBUILD to
> ship it, so I'll leave it up to you to either include it in the next
> release, or delete the file from svn in case you don't agree with it.
>
> This does not allow arbitrary stacking, but at least we are now no
> worse in systemd than in initscripts.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tom
>
> [0]: <https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/30908>

Hi,

I don't use either systemd nor encryption so I can't test this service
file. If the people using these things with lvm2 require this service
file, then I don't object in adding it.  I assume that it was tested.

There's a new upstream release for lvm2.  Later today, I intend to
push it in testing along with this new service file as no one has
posted any objections.

Eric