[arch-dev-public] Nginx

Bartłomiej Piotrowski b at bpiotrowski.pl
Fri Aug 2 08:14:12 EDT 2013

On 2013-08-02 08:41, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> But more important please don't add random third party patches/modules
> and keep the package vanilla. There are good reasons we have the "don't
> patch" policy. They can break on nginx updates, introduce new issues
> etc.; esp. since they are built-in. There might be very good reasons why
> these modules are not included in the upstream distribution.

But the main point is to create separate nginx package with third party
modules. Now we ship nginx with Passenger module and I have to rebuild
nginx every time the latter has been upgraded.

If we would create nginx-3rdparty, we could move Passenger and add other
external modules by the way.

--
Bartłomiej Piotrowski
http://bpiotrowski.pl/