[arch-dev-public] Merging {g,}vim-python3 into {g,}vim package

Johannes Löthberg johannes at kyriasis.com
Wed Jan 6 21:10:20 UTC 2016

On 06/01, Anatol Pomozov wrote:
>Hi
>
>Currently vim split package creates several binary packages:
> vim-runtime (common runtime data)
> vim-minimal (vim without language bindings)
> vim (vim with ruby, lua language bindings + python2 support)
> vim-python3 (vim with ruby, lua language bindings + python3 support)
> gvim, gvim-python3 ditto for graphical based vim
>

>The fact that we have separate package for python2 and python3 is a
>bit confusing and does not allow users to use both languages at the
>same time.

No, what doesn't allow users to use both at the same time is vim not supporting
it, which is why python3 support was added as a split package in the first
place. If you believe that that's changed and that the vim docs are now out of
date, please do test it extensively and show your results

--
Sincerely,
  Johannes Löthberg