[arch-dev-public] Bringing Multipath TCP kernel (linux-mptcp) to [community]

Johannes Löthberg johannes at kyriasis.com
Wed Jun 7 10:36:13 UTC 2017

Hey,

Quoting Baptiste Jonglez (2017-06-06 22:58:01)
> Hi again,
>
> Since a few years, I maintain a variant of the linux kernel in the AUR [1]
> that adds support for Multipath TCP [2].  The most recent version is based
> on linux 4.4, and the package I maintain tries to follow the "linux"
> package from [core] as much as possible.
>
> There is no short- or medium-term perspective to merge Multipath TCP
> upstream, so I would like to bring this package to [community].  There are
> already several kernel variants in the official repos, but I would like to
> get some feedback before adding another one.
>
> Thanks,
> Baptiste
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/linux-mptcp/
> [2] http://www.multipath-tcp.org/

Personally I don't really think that having it in [community] would add
that much, since it doesn't really seem to have /that/ many users
compared to the other kernels.  Now I'm not saying that you shouldn't
add it, just that I'm not sure how useful of an addition it would be.