[arch-dev-public] Restricting ability to post news items

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Mon Jan 6 00:27:19 UTC 2020

Em janeiro 5, 2020 21:04 Allan McRae via arch-dev-public escreveu:

> My apologies.  I believed this had been covered on the mailing list and
> I am told it was only on IRC, and never passed on to the TU channel,
> which I will accept as an excuse despite everyone(?) involved but the
> poster being on both channels...

It indeed never crossed to -tu. But I should have told Robin to send the draft
to a-d-p, my bad.

> Do we really need to write down everything?  Have we reached a point in
> the distro where common sense has stopped?  Why would an announcement
> that affects the whole distro not be run past all team members by default?

Yes, we do. Specially if we are talking about punishment, which clearly is the
case here. I have seen drafts being discussed on arch-dev only too, and we never
involved staff members on them. We have to have this written somewhere.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini