[arch-dev-public] RFC: Using RFCs

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Tue Mar 2 01:37:13 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2021-03-02 at 00:19 +0100, Levente Polyak via arch-dev-public wrote:
> I think this is a great step for our distro to get a nicely pre shaped
> proposals before hitting the final review and presentation phase as well
> as a central point for storing those. I think its pretty tough for fresh
> staff to find discussions, reasoning and details around a certain topic
> or formulation and this is a great step of address this.
Same feeling.

Nevertheless after reading the final text, it's still unclear to me how the
proposals are stamped accepted or rejected and by how many of us?

Even accepted, what does that means?
We currently have several groups, with different decision-making systems and
dynamics. For example, developers use (some sort of) consensus, the TUs
majority, etc. Is each group decide if they will apply them with there voting
system? Like companies with real RFC (e.g DANE). Is a larger group could use
this to push changes in another?

Regards,

PS: We should pick an acronym like ARFC instead of RFC which is implicit
reference to IETF RFC.

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer