[arch-dev-public] OpenSearch released to Community

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sat Jan 1 21:07:11 UTC 2022

Thanks a lot for your work! I already managed to migrate to OpenSearch
without major issues.

I am a little confused about the java dependency. It requires
java-runtime instead of java-runtime-headless as Elasticsearch did.
However on launch I get the following warning: "no-jdk distributions
that do not bundle a JDK are deprecated and will be removed in a
future release".

About Elasticsearch packages: As I understand it, we are not allowed
to distribute anything newer than version 7.10. This version is no
longer supported by upstream, right? So we wont get any (security)
updates. In that case we should rather remvoe these packages and ask
people to migrate to OpenSearch.

Greetings,

Pierre