[arch-dev-public] OpenSearch released to Community

Justin Kromlinger hashworks at archlinux.org
Wed Jan 5 12:17:30 UTC 2022

You are of course correct, I've replaced the java-runtime dep with -headless. We can't really do
much about the deprecation message, upstream wants you to use their bundled jdk (and nodejs) to
ease their support system. However this sounds like a security nightmare to me, if I fix a CVE of
the system jdk I expect it to be fixed in all java applications – same for the node packages.

Regarding the elasic packages: I agree. Additionally, there are already elasticsearch-xpack and
kibana-xpack packages in the AUR. Is this something we should announce (on the Arch Announce
mailing list)?

Also, regarding the beats packages – even if we provide beats-oss on a fixed version (which also
won't receive security updates) we will just have a bunch of packages marked as "out-of-date".
Sounds like something for the AUR.