[arch-devops] Let's get a big build box

Andrew Crerar andrew at crerar.io
Wed Jan 23 13:33:30 UTC 2019

On 1/23/19 11:55 AM, Florian Pritz via arch-devops wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 09:30:04AM +0100, Bartłomiej Piotrowski via arch-devops <arch-devops at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Almost 500€ a month is complete overkill for what we do and what we
>> actually need.
>
> 500€ per month does indeed sound like too much.

I'd have to agree here... Another thing to consider is what the average monthly
donation totals are for the distro. Even if we went with something beefy because
"why not", my concern would be around sustaining it long term. That is, once the
large sum we have burns down, do we have enough in monthly donations to keep it
going...

I don't have insight in the accounting side of things but I would be surprised
if we total more than 500€/month on average.

Just some commentary from the peanut gallery ;)

Regards,

Andrew