[arch-events] FrOSCon 2010 planning

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 06:10:21 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 20:13, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> We should be able to sleep in the devroom, but it will be small and
> crowded. And there probably won't be any showers on Sunday morning!

I can stay in a hostel in Bonn this year,
since I have to book for 3 nights anyway
(otherwise the German consulate will find it suspicious
that I don't have one night booked in some ho(s)tel)

> As usual, we need equipment.
> - One or two PCs for the booth, preferably Mini-ITX or equally small -
> and with hard drives that we can wipe as we please! If you bring a
> computer, don't bring your hard drive (Who has a car? Jens?).

I can bring a very small mini-ITX box in this case:
http://www.mini-box.com/M350-universal-mini-itx-enclosure
I even have VESA mount screws, so it can be mounted on a TFT display.
It's has no CD-drive, so installation should be done from a flash drive
(could someone please bring one? mine is always filled with some data
and backups)
the HDD inside will be fully available for any experiments
(repartitioning, formatting etc.)

> - As many monitors as we have computers.

In case someone will find a reason for using it
- I can also take a small 2-port KVM switch:
http://www.aten.com/products/productItem.php?pid=20070420164543001
(note: DVI only!)

> - Power sockets.
> - Our laptops :)
> - Ethernet cables (everyone bring some)
> - Ethernet switches/Wireless access points
> - CDs?
> - More??

Order these laptop stickers:
http://schwag.archlinux.ca/product/laptopsticker/
If we will have CDs - these should go with each CD,
if not - we could still give out the stickers to people anyway,
especially to those who will install Arch in our devroom ;-)

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)