[arch-events] Introducing...

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Sun Mar 11 13:48:14 EDT 2012

Hi Camila,

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Camila Ayres <smayres at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am Camila, a KDE developer, an ArchLinux user for more than one year
> by now. I met one ArchLinux programmer at FOSDEM, I think his name is
> thomas (sorry for my bad memory for names) wich told me that you guys
> usually don't have time to organize booths in some events, make
> t-shirts etc (ok, I also know there is the money issue)
>
> So I would like to help with this

Cool :-) Organizing booths sounds like something that would be useful.
My impression from FOSDEM was that lots of people were asking for our
booth (which we did not have). I know we had a booth at FROSCON in the
past, but I was not there, so I don't know about what experience
people had with that.

> p.s: btw, apparently my requests to participate in some of ArchLinux
> mail list were denied, I didn't receive any confirmation after I
> subscribed :(

Odd. It should be possible to sign up to all the lists at
http://mailman.archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/, though arch-dev-public
is read-only.

-t