[arch-general] kernel26 2.6.25-1 enters [testing]

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Sun Apr 20 07:09:47 EDT 2008

On Sonntag, 20. April 2008 12:30 Thomas Bächler wrote:

> I think you misunderstood me, I only said I didn't do any updates on the
> external module packages. I did however rebuild the ones that compiled
> against 2.6.25.

My error, i took only the section to quote and not to say that the modules
won't works.

> The fix has been available for a long time:
> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=110088

Thanks for the info. I don't test 2.6.25-rc* so this is the first time that i
need it.

> However, there seem to be problems with nvidia, according to Pierre. I
> didn't notice anything, but then I only started kdm, didn't even log in.

173.08 works and glxgears has nice speed but there is no /dev/nvidiactl
and "direct rendering: No" ... hmm, i do a /etc/start_udev because i change
my rules for usbsticks ... i will reboot and inform you if there is a poblem.

See you, Attila