[arch-general] problem with Firefox and Opera

Scott Weisman sweisman at pobox.com
Sat Feb 9 15:28:26 EST 2008

Hello JaDa,

Thanks for the reply. I did try your suggestion, but it didn't work.
The problem is not Firefox or Opera (note that BOTH are affected, and
I did uninstall and reinstall Opera as well, along with deleting all
the detrius before reinstalling). It has something to do with the
Shared Memory extension under X.

I forgot to mention that I have an Intel 965 motherboard with
integrated graphics. I think the problem might be specific to this
chip set, but if anyone has a solution, I would appreciate hearing
from them!

Thank you,

Scott