[arch-general] ? regarding latest Dont Panic updates, and KDE4

Daenyth Blank daenyth+arch at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 17:18:07 EDT 2008

> The KDEmod repo is a possibility.  A couple of things give me pause about
> using it though:  1) it's not really "stock" KDE packages; they're split
> into modules; they're heavily patched; etc., and

Just to clarify, KDEmod uses only 2 patches:
- The background of the splash screen, it says "KDEmod 4.1" rather
than "KDE 4.1"
- There is a KDEmod label in the KDE about dialogs

http://kdemod.ath.cx/bbs/viewtopic.php?pid=5300#p5300

> 2) what I'd really like to
> do is be able to run KDE3 and 4 side-by-side, which I don't believe KDEmod
> will let me do.

It looks like they are planning to do this.
http://kdemod.ath.cx/bbs/viewtopic.php?pid=5295#p5295