[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Repo cleanup / Package adoption

Loui louipc.ist at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 15:33:59 EDT 2008

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 14:52:15 -0400 (EDT)
Eric Belanger <belanger at ASTRO.UMontreal.CA> wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Jun 2008, Loui wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 12:51:43 -0400 (EDT)
> > Eric Belanger <belanger at ASTRO.UMontreal.CA> wrote:
> >
> >> I can't move gtkglextmm to unsupported. I'm getting the famous "You are
> >> not allowed to overwrite the gtkglextmm package." error.
> >
> > You could move them to unstable in the mean time maybe.
> >

> Moving them to unstable would only be unnecessary work. Aaron has fixed a
> similar problem for acroread so that problem can be fixed, at least on a
> package-by-package basis.

Hmm looks like that wasn't done properly though.

Check out acroread7-chsfont
Last Updated: Wed, 25 Jul 2007

acroread
First Submitted: Thu, 15 May 2008

acroread7-chsfont depends on acroread but it doesn't show up on the
page. It looks like the DB entry was clobbered. You'll need to retain
the ID for those "Not allowed to overwrite" packages for a proper fix.

Just a 'heads-up' to the devs.

Cheers.