[arch-general] Dealing with Info documentation

Frédéric Perrin frederic.perrin at resel.fr
Fri Jun 13 11:49:31 EDT 2008

Hello,

Oops, I accidently hit the send button... Sorry for the previous almost
empty message.

Alessio Bolognino <themolok.ml at gmail.com> writes:
> I recall a recent thread in arch-dev-public about a new policy about
> info docs; I think devs decided to include info docs in the new
> packages, but I'm not 100% sure.

After some manual searching, I found the following thread :

> [arch-dev-public] OMG info pages
> Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
> Tue Apr 22 13:05:12 EDT 2008

The conclusion seemed to be, indeed, to include info pages, but there
wasn't a clear "let's change the default". Well, the texinfo package
(last updated on May 22nd) still doesn't include its own documentation.

Ryan Sims suggested that I rebuilt packages in order to get the doc, is
that really the way to go?

--
Fred