[arch-general] signoff kernel26-2.6.24.3-6

bardo ilbardo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 05:29:41 EDT 2008

I feel the need to express my position for a variety of reasons, the
most prominent being I am the one who proposed the discussion about
the automatic service stopping before uninstalling. Let me state this
again: I proposed the *discussion* about it, since there was no
official guideline. I never asked to implement it, even though at that
time I saw it as a defect. My opinion has changed since then.

As a TU I take my work very seriously and I feel responsible for my
own decisions. This is the reason why I prefer to ask when there's no
official policy, and the above case demonstrated it is a good
practice. I often don't take into account a variety of factors which
later show up to be fundamental, that's why when I come up with
proposals that sound like "handholding", "un-archish" or just plain
ugly I ask devs, TUs and the community what they think about them. I
am still learning and I need their experience.

Please take my proposals and questions as an effort to follow the Arch
Way, and not as an attempt to change it.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 1:21 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Suffice to say: for all the "old timers" out there, I am on your side.
>  I *am* an "old timer", and I will do everything in my power to make
>  arch what it was.

Do 3+ years of Arch make me an "old timer"? I think so. Count me on that list.

Corrado