[arch-general] signoff kernel26-2.6.24.3-6

Justin Gx justingx2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 20:43:14 EDT 2008

Geoff wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 19:21:26 -0500
> "Aaron Griffin" <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> Suffice to say: for all the "old timers" out there, I am
>> on your side. I *am* an "old timer", and I will do
>> everything in my power to make arch what it was.
>
> I switched to Arch last September, from Slackware,
> precisely because of what I had learned about Arch "as it
> was".  I am not a fanatical purist, or even a computer
> science person.  I am just a reasonably well-informed
> ordinary user who hates to be babied. I can only say that I
> *very* much hope that and your allies you win the battle
> Aaron.
>
> Geoff

I think all things considered a balance must always be kept between
'power' and 'ease of use' no one wants an OS that is too complicated to
keep up, nor as one of you said to feel 'babied' by it either.

I have seen a few changes in Arch throughout the years and most of them,
for my part, have been moving towards a positive such as the way Pacman
includes mirrors and the mirror-list files.

However if someone is really peeved about the direction that Arch has
begun to take they might always fork the distro at the last version that
was suitable to them - comment out some problematic pacman mirrors ;)
and take a more 'sourced' approach to the issues they see.