[arch-general] Bugs.

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at gmail.com
Mon May 5 04:48:52 EDT 2008

On 5/3/08, Loui <louipc.ist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey there. I was just browsing the bug tracker and I noticed some open
> bug reports:
>
>  7 reported in 0.7   Wombat
> 10 reported in 0.7.1 Noodle
> 58 reported in 0.7.2 Gimmick
> 18 reported in 0.8   Voodoo

> I'd love to help but obviously patches can't apply, update the bug
> tracker, and upload new packages by themselves. Please let me know if I
> can do anything to help get things done
.
I already did go through many bug reports/feature requests yesterday
and requested closure on the ones that seemed to be fixed/no longer an
issue. Also commented on the ones that were potentialy solved to
motivate the users who reported them to verify the bug is still valid
and also remind the developers about the bugs existence.I will
continue, going through the remaining ones during this week.

> Anyways I have some questions about bugs and such:
> Are there any reasons that these bugs have not resolved yet?

Lack of time and/or interest? As far as i have seen most old ones are
feature requests. That makes it more difficult to implement them cause
they need to be discussed thoroughly to make sure its better than what
we have now & also doesnt break anything etc.

> Is anyone in charge of getting bugs closed?

Roman (Romashka) is in charge of the bug tracker but all developers
can close bugs and especially the ones a task is assigned to.

> If a bug has no response from the dev and I've emailed them directly
> with still no response who can I appeal to?

No idea. Leave the bug alone i guess :P

Greg