[arch-general] conclusion: Another rant on arch way abuse and false promises

Arvid Picciani aep at exys.org
Wed Dec 2 05:28:37 EST 2009

Piyush P Kurur wrote:

> I use xmonad and share your dislike for hal/dbus. This
> however does not justify not having a decent PnP particulary

it would ...

> when you want to install it for non-experts.

.. if what i THOUGHT archlinux is about (experts)  was true.

However you appear to agree that this is not the case (anymore?).

> To my eyes Arch has been quite snappy and minimalist,

as you can read on this thread, that isn't actually a goal.
I'm not sure WHAT it's goals are anymore, but i have been educated that
it is NOT about:

- power users
- minimalism

> switch from Debian stable on my laptop. It is definitely far better
> than the monstrosity of Ubuntu or Fedora. I dont know how you find it
> otherwise.

err yeah,.. i guess if you have other distros as comparison, arch feels
like cake :D

--
Arvid
Asgaard Technologies