[arch-general] conclusion: Another rant on arch way abuse and false promises

Piyush P Kurur ppk at cse.iitk.ac.in
Wed Dec 2 05:57:41 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 11:28:37AM +0100, Arvid Picciani wrote:
> Piyush P Kurur wrote:
>

>> switch from Debian stable on my laptop. It is definitely far better
>> than the monstrosity of Ubuntu or Fedora. I dont know how you find it
>> otherwise.
>
> err yeah,.. i guess if you have other distros as comparison, arch feels
> like cake :D

  Okey so you agree that Arch != Ubuntu. Now we have a way forward.

Arvid's reply to me made me search for antidesktop (I did not know
about such a movement) and I find this xorg-server-antidesktop 1.6.1.1
in AUR. Whatever happended to it I do not know. Arvid can you start
maintainning it and may be give it the status that if finally makes to
the official Arch repository ? You dont have to fork Arch for that.  I
for one would definitely use this instead of the standard xorg-server
with hal/dbus as I have always been a xmonad + xterm + screen user.  I
think there is nothing wrong in having two xorg-server packages
besides anitdesktop sounds so cool.

Regards

ppk