[arch-general] [OT] What is wrong with DBus anyway?

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 15:58:25 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:32 PM, Pierre Chapuis <catwell at archlinux.us> wrote:

> I like D-Bus because it can actually simplify the applications that
> rely on it and avoid reiventing the wheel. But I do agree that
> applications that *don't* need to communicate with other applications
> have no reason to be linked against it!

Is there any application that actually does that ?

Anyway, I don't think this is the most appropriate place to discuss dbus.
And what I am going to say is mainly addressed to all the dbus/hal
haters out there :
If you want to be serious about it, go have a true technical
discussion with the REAL developers who know the HOW and WHY of all
these softwares. Otherwise you are just ignorant whiners talking to
other ignorant people :)

I would *LOVE* to see this Arvid genius proving to the dbus developers
that their implementation is largely broken.