[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Maintainer wanted for ruby

Ondřej Kučera ondrej.kucera at centrum.cz
Thu Feb 5 09:23:59 EST 2009

Hi,

Kessia 'even' Pinheiro wrote:
> True, but, it depends of the user. If he don't use any gem, it wont
> broke. So, we need decide if we'll provide a new package with many new
> features, or wait some time (how much?) to provide this package
> because some (how much?) users use a specific gem to code/run a Rails
> app.

Yes, it's not an easy question, ideally someone enough involved in the
Rails community should say when it is OK (from Rails point of view) to
upgrade Ruby. I'm definitely not that person I'm afraid, I just wanted
to say that upgrading Ruby has its consequences. I myself don't use/need
any other gems than those that Rails require, at least for now I don't.

Ondřej

--
Cheers,
Ondřej Kučera