[arch-general] closed bugs, open comments?

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 16:25:51 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:03 PM, Baho Utot <baho-utot at columbus.rr.com> wrote:
> Grigorios Bouzakis wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 04:46:19PM -0500, Baho Utot wrote:
>>>
>>> Which is why I don't submit bug reports anymore.
>>>

>> Instead of +1'ing this could you provide examples instead?
>>

> No not really, as I am done with this and I am not going to argue with
> anyone about this.
>
> It's just that I came looking for help and got slammed one too many times.
>
> Now I either go the the news groups for help or fix it my self.  If I don't
> get a solution then I skip the package and move on.

I saw all the bug reports you have opened right after i sent this email.
The closed ones are either marked as fixed, duplicate, 1 because the package is
not in the Arch repos anymore but in the unsupported section of AUR, which makes
it irrelevant and theres http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12967 which
according to the
developer "doesnt stand".
IMO none of those was closed too soon. Thats why i ask for examples,
could you name
one of those for which you had something constructive to say, and what?

>> >From my experience phrakture does the exact same opposite than what you
>> are "accusing" him of. Usually he doesnt close the bugs even if he
>> solves them. :P
>>

> ?

That was a general comment with a bit sense of humor regarding the
reason this discussion
started. Phrakture normally doesnt even close the bugs he fixes personally.
I obviously meant to write "exact opposite" not "exact same opposite".

--
Greg