[arch-general] Moonlight 1.0

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 12:22:12 EST 2009

Amani, your posts to this list are now moderated. I will review them
all for insults before approving them. Try to be civil, please,
especially when you're asking other people to do work for you.

Back on topic:
One user talking on an ML does not make a package important. I have
not yet run into a site that requires moonlight/silverlight. So, until
we're actually going to get usage out of this package, putting it in
extra is wasted effort. Now, if we have a dev willing to do it, that's
fine - I'd recommend asking the mono maintainer or something of the
sort. But considering it's not in the repos yet, I don't think we have
any devs that care that much.

The proper course for things of this nature is to put it in the AUR,
and we can garner some need from that.

Cheers,
Aaron