[arch-general] Moonlight 1.0

Daniel Isenmann daniel.isenmann at gmx.de
Fri Jan 23 10:11:28 EST 2009

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:22:12 -0600
Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Back on topic:
> One user talking on an ML does not make a package important. I have
> not yet run into a site that requires moonlight/silverlight. So, until
> we're actually going to get usage out of this package, putting it in
> extra is wasted effort. Now, if we have a dev willing to do it, that's
> fine - I'd recommend asking the mono maintainer or something of the
> sort. But considering it's not in the repos yet, I don't think we have
> any devs that care that much.

Ok, after all this discussion on this topic, I think I can manage the
moonlight package. I will have a look into the moonlight package. I
will open a new thread about this later on the public-dev-mailinglist,
if it's necessary to discuss further things.

moonlight isn't a big package and it belongs (more or less) to mono, so
I can handle it together with mono.

> The proper course for things of this nature is to put it in the AUR,
> and we can garner some need from that.
>
> Cheers,
> Aaron

Cheers,